We have been bursting to present our second 2019 Pop Up Wedding theme and Venue – Inner city chic hosted at The Marabi Club on the 6th April 2019.
The Marabi Club, is tucked into the basement of award-winning British-Ghanaian architect David Adjaye’s Hallmark House, also a boutique hotel. The many careful details of the club’s interior hark back to a vibrant cultural, musical and economic history. Add excellent food, a long bar, jauntily dressed wait staff offering friendly and slick service, and live jazz and you’ll get why most people who visit this Maboneng landmark remark on the electric atmosphere.
We we transform this sultry Jazz club into a moody candle lite celebration space perfect for couples looking for a modern, sophisticated and sexy place to say ‘I Do’. Think a wash of mood lighting, cigar bar style with just a hint of urban edge.
This is the most dynamic of all our Pop Up Wedding venues as it offers the widest range of special additional add on options:
- Boutique hotel rooms at Hallmark house. Stay the night, this is the perfect place for you and your guests to get ready for your Pop Up celebration.
- Visit the roof top self care salon and spa Tenfold for your full on pamper and prep.
- Cutters Barber Shop gets the gents in your party trimmed and tidied up, in luxurious style.
- The Marabi Clubs house band is available to play just for you and your chosen few.
- A full cash bar to accompany your cake and bubbly, with ALLLL it’s incredible specialty cocktails (maybe even add a cigar or two).
- Once our Pop Up’s are done the Club transforms back into it’s vibrant self offering superb food and drink accompanied by fine live jazz performances. So why not book a table, put on your dancing shoes and make this your ‘reception’ space.
With a venue like this we couldn’t just have any one capture your moments! So we have asked Herman from Herman Mostert Photography to join us as your Pop Up Wedding Photographer. If you’ve been wanting a photographer that’s there to tell your story and you’re trying to get away from the normal stuff you see every day, this is your man!
He won’t stage you or anything at your wedding. It is incredibly important for him to make sure his clients feel as comfortable as possible, so he focus’s on telling your story. He will document your wedding in a way that looks like he was never there, and that will allow you to make art. Natural, living photos that are real and tell a story.
“There are moments at a wedding that are missed by most people. Moments that people don’t even see. Those moments are the key to telling a real story. I make it my goal to capture those images.”
Would you like to meet the rest of the team for this 6th April 19 Pop Up Wedding or see which ceremony times we still have left? Then email us on [email protected] [like now]