WHAT IS A POP UP WEDDING?
A Pop Up Wedding is a ceremony focused micro wedding that takes the best bits of a traditional wedding and celebrates just those parts in 2hrs. Our team of wedding professionals preplan, source and put together all of the details for the Pop Up Wedding and present you with a fully functioning, high end celebration.
We offer various Pop Up Wedding weekends throughout the year, each with a unique venue and theme or feel. With only 4 weddings per Pop Up date you’re guaranteed the beautiful, in budget, no-fuss wedding you’ve been craving.
Each POP UP wedding is 2 hours long and includes*:
- A unique Johannesburg City or surrounds venue, styled and decorated exquisitely
- An open-minded officiant who makes it all legal
- A professional photographer for the duration of your Pop Up, with +-200 edited images
- An experienced wedding planner and host fully dedicated to you and your guests
- A beautiful bridal bouquet and boutonnière
- A designer mini wedding cake (that tastes as good as it looks)
- A bottle of bubbly or non-alcoholic substitute
- An intimate celebration with 15 of your favourite people
*Variations may occur per event, please check event T&C’s for exact details
DO WE SHARE OUR POP UP WEDDING TIME AND SPACE WITH ANYONE ELSE?
What makes Pop Up Weddings accessible and so damn reasonably priced for the high quality you receive, is the fact that we share the fixed and unavoidable costs of the infrastructure and suppliers between our 4 on-the-day couples.
BUT, You and your party will be the only ones present throughout your 2hr celebration with the exclusive use of the venue and full focus of the team for that entire time. You also get a 100% personalized ceremony with unique bouquet and boutonnière.
ISN’T 2 HRS REALLY SHORT?
In total this may be shorter than a traditional wedding as you know it, but we run our Pop Up’s with nearly the exact same time allocations.
So your full ceremony, time with your guests cutting your cake and sharing some bubbly as well as your couples shoot are all the same length as any normal wedding.
If you still think you will have ‘reception’ FOMO we suggest setting up a post wedding somethin’ somethin’ so you can leisurely share some party time with more of your people.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN ATTEND OUR POP UP?
OBVIOUSLY you two and up to 15 guest. This means a total of up to 17 people at any of our all-inclusive Pop Up Packages. You can also add an additional 5 guests (for a total of 22 people) at a small additional fee.
WE LOVE THE IDEA OF A POP UP WEDDING BUT ARE STILL A LITTLE WORRIED IT WON’T WORK FOR US?
We totally hear you on this and to be honest this way of getting married isn’t for everyone. We are however very much for couples who:
- Would like to get married sooner rather than waiting for and trying to coordinate multiple suppliers and venues availability.
- Have better plans for their money than blowing it all on something that basically only lasts half a day (can you say house deposit, epic honeymoon or the start of your kids school fee fund!)
- Are thinking of a Home Affairs signing but actually do want something classier and more special than a government department office.
- Are stressed out by the expectation and ‘all eyes on me’ vibes of a normal wedding day.
- Are bored to death of the stale cookie cutter way weddings are being done.
Are sick of the waste associated with weddings (wasted time, wasted flowers, wasted décor, stationery, booze, food, money…need we go on?)
WHAT KIND OF CEREMONIES DO YOU HOLD?
We are an open-minded bunch and basically just love love. None of our officiants are strongly affiliated with any main religion or places of worship, however they are fully committed to making your ceremony about what is important to you as a couple and will respect your wishes, suggestions and ideas in the journey to your ‘I Do’s’.
This includes civil unions and vow renewals.
IS IT A LEGAL WEDDING?
Heck YES!! Your officiant will give you a marriage certificate on the day and make sure your marriage is registered with the South African Home Affairs office.
WHAT EXACTLY IS INCLUDED IN A POP UP WEDDING COST?
Each POP UP wedding includes*:
- Venue and all the infrastructure needed for your guests
- Private ceremony space – decorated, styled & set up ready for you to say ‘I Do’
- Private ‘cut your cake then lounge a bit’ space – decorated, styled & set up
- Sensitive and open-minded Officiant –
- Legal registration of your marriage,
- 1 pre wedding Skype/meeting and a personalised on-the-day ceremony
- Professional photographer for the duration of your Pop Up celebration
- 150 -200 professionally edited images of your celebration memories presented on a USB
- Highly experienced wedding planner dedicated to walking you through your pre Pop Up prep as well as the setup, styling and overall on-the-day management
- Creative concept and detailed moodboard
- Host dedicated to you and your guests for the duration of your celebration. Making everyone feel welcome and at ease
- Designer mini wedding cake (serves +- 10 people) with a choice of flavours, decorated to fit your theme – Eaten on site or taken home
- A bottle of Bubbly to celebrate with after your ceremony – Popped on site or taken home
- Spectacular floral bouquet – for you to keep
- In theme floral buttonhole – for you to keep
- All Supplier sourcing and management including: set up, clean up and behind the scenes crew
- All supplier’s travel and accommodation
*Variations may occur per event, please check event T&C’s for exact details
SO WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN A POP UP WEDDING COST?
These are things that aren’t included in your standard Pop Up Wedding cost BUT CAN BE ADDED for a small additional fee:
- Personalised email invitations
- Personalised “We are Married” announcement board for photos
- Guest drinks for while you are taking pics
- Guest snacks for while you are taking pics
- Photo Albums
- Increase the size of your cake to serve 15 or 20 people
The below are things that YOU will need to organize:
- Travel and accommodation to your chosen Pop Up venue
- Your rings, lawyers and other legal things (like wills, antenuptial agreements etc)
- Your outfits, accessories, treatments and hair and makeup
- Any guest favors or gifts
- Anything else not specified in our T&C’s
HOW SOON BEFORE THE SET POP UP WEDDING DATE CAN WE BOOK?
Provided we still have open ceremony times, Pop Up Wedding bookings are taken up to 2 weeks before the set date. This is mainly to give you the time needed to do some pre wedding legal admin.
If it is less than 2 weeks and you are DYING to get married with us, give us a buzz and let’s see what we can do.
CAN WE HAVE BRIDESMAIDS & GROOMSMEN?
Hells yeah get your bride tribe together. They are counted as part of your final guest numbers.
CAN WE MAKE CHANGES TO THE POP UP WEDDING, BRING IN OUR OWN SUPPLIERS OR GET MARRIED ON ANOTHER DATE / VENUE NOT OFFERED BY YOU?
Unfortunately not. Pop Up Weddings have been expertly pre designed to be simple, intimate celebrations that only work because of their set venues, dates and fantastic suppliers.
We can maybe chat about you bringing in an external videographer, so ask if you want this. We also do have industry friends who focus on small weddings that we can refer you to IF you reallllly don’t think a Pop Up Wedding structure will work for you.
WHERE IS POP UP WEDDINGS S.A. LOCATED?
Our main hub is in Johannesburg with each Pop Up being within +- 1 hr drive of the city.
We are looking to spread the love into other major cities in S.A., so if you are elsewhere and would love a Pop Up Wedding, let us know and we can see what we can do.
I DON’T LIVE IN JOHANNESBURG CAN I STILL HAVE A POP UP WEDDING
Sure you can! Even with travel into Joburg, a Pop Up Wedding budget comes in way below a traditional wedding budget
WE ARE SOLD, HOW DO WE BOOK OUR POP UP WEDDING WITH YOU?
Happy dance for days! We couldn’t be more excited to hear that! Follow the easy steps below (or heck just email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get the convo going)
- Step 1: Fall in love with one of our multiple Pop Up themes for the year [All the deets are on our website].
- Step 2: Each theme has a set date and venue, so once you know which theme you love make sure the date works for you.
- Step 3: Pick your celebration time* 8:00 am – 10:00 am 10:30 am – 12:30 pm 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm *these may vary around sunset and seasons
- Step 4: Send an email with your preferred theme, date and ceremony time to email@example.com so we can get chatting about how we can celebrate with you.
- Step 5: Read, sign & return our T&C’s
- Step 6: Pay your 50% non refundable deposit and forward us the proof of payment
- Step 7: We get to know you a little and you choose any add-ons you fancy
- Step 8: Receive a confirmation email from us. Whoop Whoop, shit is about to get real!
If you still have more questions or any other crazy ideas you want to bounce off us please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rebecca (our on the day planner) on 082 3077 039